Saint Kitts and Nevis : Citizenship By Investment – Caribbean
Saint Kitts and Nevis is a dual-island nation situated between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. It’s known for cloud-shrouded mountains and beaches. Many of its former sugar plantations are now inns or atmospheric ruins.
Since independence in 1983, the Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis has been an independent member of the Commonwealth, with the British monarch as its head of state. Saint Kitts and Nevis, officially Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis, also called Saint Christopher and Nevis, a state composed of two islands of the Lesser Antilles in the eastern Caribbean Sea with a combined area of 269 square km.
Seeking assistance? Please complete this brief survey to expedite our support: Take Survey
St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship By Investment Program – The benefits:
- St. Kitts allows for individuals to acquire citizenship through a government-sponsored investment program. Those meeting the requirements of the program are rewarded with full citizenship, including a passport and the right to permanently reside and work in St. Kitts.
- This is the oldest economic citizenship program of its kind globally and has been in place since 1984. The route to citizenship is for applicants to make an investment of US$ 220,000 in Park Hyatt, St. Kitts. Once acquired; citizenship is for life and is passed to a number of dependents, family members and generations, with the added benefit of not requiring to visit or reside on the island in order to attain such citizenship. Passports are also issued relatively quick; within 90 to 120 days from the day when the filling of the application is processed.
- Tax is also another incentive for investors given that there is no tax on income, capital gains, gifts and wealth and inheritance. Trade with Canada is free whereas trading in the Caribbean is duty-free, on the other hand, a generous tax regime is in place where the currency pegged is the USD.
- The 2nd citizenship in St. Kitts & Nevis comes with many benefits particularly in relation to investors.
- Investors enjoy access to 130 countries visa-free including; the UK, Canada, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Sweden and France amongst others as well as most British Commonwealth countries. The citizenship program bestows on the investor full residency rights and status including the right to work. Dual citizenship is permitted and opens to all nationalities without the requirement to notify the applicant’s home country as per the law of St. Kitts.
- It is estimated that a family of 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16 would cost around $325,500 in order to attain St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship making it extremely affordable when compared to other citizenship by investment programs.
- Nonetheless, investors ought to retain their qualifying investment for at least 5 years in order to maintain their citizenship, however, after the lapse of these 5 years they are free to sell their investment without hindering their citizenship status.
How PKF Malta can help:
- PKF Malta is vested together with its partners to make this process for you and your family, as simple as possible. PKF Malta will accompany you throughout the entire process and make sure that your citizenship by investment program is an enjoyable, successful and smooth route.
- Seeking assistance? Please complete this brief survey to expedite our support: Take Survey