bitpod webinar #1 – Excellence in Detecting and Preventing Insider Fraud Threats by Ian Ross
PKF Malta is proud to introduce BITPOD, a multi-faceted, not-for-profit initiative aimed to fuel innovation and contribute towards a felt ecosystem for start-ups, entrepreneurs and investors in Malta. This is partly done via the BITBLOCK Sessions, welcoming like-minded people to gather and network on various aspects of this exciting sector.
Welcome to our first Webinar. Many thanks to Ian Ross for providing some very interesting insights on insider fraud.
About our Guest Speaker Ian Ross:
Director, Financial Crime Risk & Training. Detecta EUS
Ian Ross has 30 years of experience in compliance management and the investigation of financial crime.
Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist (ACFS)
‘Listed expert’: Cour pénale international (The International Court of Justice (The Hague)
Fellow: Chartered Management Institute (FCMI)
International Advisory Group Member. United States Institute of Peace (USIP)
- Assessment of insiders’ familiar with the organisation systems and to what levels
- Beyond ‘red flags’. Using skill to follow skill.
- Which specialist personnel pose which kinds of threats? (such as IT?)
- Alternatively, which key psychology or personality or management styles apply?
- Identifying signs of collusion and multi-party involvement
- First steps in any investigation – avoiding the classic ‘investigation mistakes’
- Process and case management