Experience NeededPrevious experience in an audit firm will be considered an asset.
About the position
PKF Malta is looking to recruit a full-time Audit Senior to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will take responsibility for the overall audit processes mostly related to our international portfolio of clients. Previous experience in an audit firm will be considered an asset.
PKF Malta is a fast-growing, progressive firm specialising in audit & assurance, tax, advisory services, and internal audit insurance. We provide services to a wide array of clients in a variety of sectors. Our firm has always enjoyed an excellent reputation, stemming from its dedication, professionalism, and enthusiasm to serve its clients. PKF Malta provides a dedicated team of experts holding ample experience to deliver high-quality solutions bespoke to our client’s goals.
This role will report to the Audit Manager & Partners. As an Audit Senior within the team, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high-quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work and signing off audit reports;
- Achieve team and individual budgets and business plan/ performance objectives.
- Manage project financials, including budgets, timely billing and collection and variance recognition.
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standards.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Providing additional help and guidance to clients on a consultancy basis.
- Participate in the development of ways to meet client needs and contribute to the proposed delivery.
- Identifying ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value.
- Monitor and control auditing staff, including assisting auditing staff in their professional development.
- Take a leadership role in professional, business or community organizations.
- Work closely and cooperate on a daily basis with the rest of the audit and accounting team.
The requirements for this role include:
- Halfway or close to finishing an ACCA, ACA or a recognised Accounting University Degree
- Knowledge of GAPSME, IFRS and International Auditing Standards
- Good command of MS Office applications
- Strong analytical and process analysis skills,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English & Maltese
- Be a smart, highly motivated, well-presented individual with an eye for details
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Experience in external audit planning, risk and control identification and performing, reviewing and directing external audit testing
- Experience identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients
- Capable of working within a team, managing multiple engagements and working to demanding deadlines
Why work at PKF work? Check out some of our company benefits:
- Attractive salaries with yearly annual increase and job security
- Facilitating career advancements
- Acknowledging employees for their good work
- Providing paid inhouse & external training + additional study leave
- A modern and safe workplace with covid measures in place
- Work-life balance
- Flexibility to occasionally work from home
- Young, fun and friendly working environment
- Open door policy with Seniors & Partners
- Paid overtime (when over-time conditions apply)
- Monthly team bonding activities